Good morning Everybody!
How are you spending your morning hours? Do take it easy and drink coffee in bed or get up as soon as the alarm sounds?
Whatever you do first thing in the morning, it is very important to have a good morning routine because, for whatever reason, it does wonders for getting the most out of your day!
Here are some practical steps on how to start your day with a perfect morning routine:
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier if getting up takes you a while. Sometimes, you just need that extra time to open your eyes and start the day without too much stress. Also, some good music can give you that extra energy... it is worth a try!
- Just as your mother used to say: "make your bed"! Making your bed in the morning will keep your room neat and tidy and give you an extra vibe to start your day positive, organized and in control.
- We believe that early-morning exercise or meditation is the best way to wake you up! It can have an amazing impact on your day. After only 15 minutes you will feel focused and put yourself in a positive mindset. Just remember to meditate with your eyes open so you don't fall asleep again!
- After your morning exercise take a short, cold-ish shower and moisturize your skin. Short and cold showers will wash off the sleep and a soothing body milk with nice aroma will make you feel more refreshed and ready to take on the world!
- As the saying goes: “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. So never go out without a good healthy breakfast (e.g., eggs, toast, fruits, granola with yogurt and seeds...)! Try to eat a good balance of protein, fat and complex carbs. It will give you the energy for the whole day. Of course, a good cup of coffee does wonders too.
- When you are awake, plan your day! Write down your most important tasks for the day. This will give your day purpose and a yardstick to keep you productive.
And remember, small rituals and healthy habits will empower you and make your life more enjoyable! So, wake up and “carpe diem”!